Tuesday, October 19, 2004

In Search Of The Perfect Install, Part 3

Up next, VS2005 Beta 1. Installed Windows XP SP1a. No Problem. Ooops! Dang registration again. I will have to figure out how to handle that soon. Installed Word, Excel, and Project. No Problem. Followed directions and installed VS2005. I only installed C#, VB, and Web parts. No Problem. Rebooted the machine.

As I logged back in and clicked on the icon, I felt a sense of dread fill me. What if I start getting those error messages again? I don't want to reinstall the operating system yet again!

The splash screen appears. I feel my pulse racing.

And the IDE opens! Hurrah! Let there be dancing in the streets and much celebration. We are so happy, we do the dance of joy!

Little did I know I was about to be dealt a major blow.

(ok, ok, it wasn't so major, maybe better classified as minor, or even just annoying, but you have to try and end on a cliffhanger, to leave your public wanting more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home