Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Software Factories Article

Application Development Trends, in their December 2004 Issue, has an article on Software Factories.

Overall, it is a good article, but again, as most articles on this subject seem to be doing for me, it raises more questions than it answers. Several times, it makes reference to "encapsulating domain expertise". How exactly do you do that? Can someone give me a concrete example of this that I can wrap my brain around?

The article makes mention that Microsoft, when discussing the "factory" actually means:


  • A Development Infrastructure

  • A Development Strategy

  • Intelligent Automation



Stop the buzzwords now! LOL Seriously though, if you have not read the article, you should, if for no other reason then this one phrase:

A programmer's understanding of the problem he or she is trying to solve changes as he or she tries to solve it


I couldn't have said it better myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home