Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Software Factories, I Think I Get It!

I just finished watching Keith Short and Jack Greenfield on MSDN TV, talking about Software Factories, and I think I finally get it. Jack made the following statement:

A software factory is a collection of domain specific tools, processes (methodologies), and content (including templates, project structures, frameworks, and patterns).


This just suddenly clicked with me. Its an overall development process used to develop a specific application, where that application is a subset of a general application for which the above information has been defined. Does this sound about right, or am I completely off base? I am going to follow up with some of the other material located on the Software Factories website, as my interest is now piqued (gosh I hope that is a word!).

I am definetely interested in reading their Software Factories book now. Too bad Amazon is blocked from work during the X-mas season. Hey Santa, I want a copy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Clickbank Mall said...

www.onspeed.com - Modem - 5x schneller, Breitband - 3x schneller, GPRS - 8x schneller Kabel

1:55 PM  
Blogger TLA Increase Your Page Rank said...

Klick HierBeschleunigen Sie Ihre Modem-Verbindung auf nahezu DSL-Geschwindigkeit für €3.25 pro Monat Beschleunigung

2:09 AM  
Blogger emily said...

I appreciate your information on Change Management. I just bookmarked your site and will be back regulalry to keep on top of it. Please check out my blog on Change Management Exposed - I'd really appreciate it

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey great blog. check out my newest software site for all of your newest software needs.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home