Friday, January 28, 2005

Rob will be so proud!

I finally have VSTS up and running! Rob Caron will be so proud! ;)

I am running everything using Virtual PC (VPC) on my laptop. My laptop is a 2.6Ghz machine with 1GB of RAM.

I have created three virtual PC sessions, one for each tier. My Database Tier (DT) is also my domain controller. I have the network settings on each VPC session to be set to "local" only, so that they can only communicate with each other. I currently have each tier set to use 200MB of memory. I also set each session hard drive to be 10GB, and to grow as needed.

Installation on each tier went off without a hitch.

Before I start up all three sessions, I shut down everything on my laptop, including virus scanners. I also go into Services and stop as many services as I feel I safely can, without hosing the computer, just to free up as much memory as possible.

So far I have not encountered too many problems with this configuration (though it is early). I have done a couple of things with VSTS (more on that in an upcoming post), and, while a little slow, everything has worked. So I feel comfortable with my configuration. I wish I had more memory, but I'll make do for right now. I don't see the Laptop Fairy visiting me anytime soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger vente said...

Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

Merci pour est un bon blogger.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Joshy said...

I found a lot of useful info about Change Management on your blog - thank you. I also have a new Change Management Tips blog - please click over and have a look

12:23 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Your blog is great! It's hard to find blogs with good content and people talking about Change Management these days! I have a secret Change Management Exposed if you want to come check it out

1:03 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Enchanting blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! I peep the web for blogs just like this
one.
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your applicant tracking software blog.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous synergy/change said...

Hi Mickey G., I have been visiting sites for hours and I really like what you have done with your blog. Informative and interesting! In fact I found your site just after
I visited synergy/change
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home