Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Let's Get Back To It

Ok, its about time I got back to updating my blog. I've got my laptop back up and running, and have recovered my virtual machines. Life looks good.

I fired up all my VPCs and started up VS2005. When I started up VS2005, it prompted me to connect to the Team System Server. My "Hello Gumbi" projected is listed in the list of existing projects, so I click it.

I'm not really sure what I should do now, so I am just going to play some, and see where it leads me.

I recieved an "unable to connect to Team Server" message. A quick check of the event log on the AT (application Tier) shows the TFSServer Scheduler failed to start. I attempted to start it manually, and it worked fine. I checked the DT (Data Tier) and everything there appears to be working smoothly.

I started up VS2005 again. This time it did not prompt me to connect to the Team System server, it just made the connection automatically.

The moral of this story: Event logs are your friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home