Thursday, March 17, 2005

Yahoo Begins Blogging Beta Test

eWeek - "Yahoo Service Combines Blogging, Social Networking

Ok, I admit it, I am a very loyal Yahoo fan (except for searching, there I still use Google, but I digress). Never a day goes by that I don't access my "My Yahoo" page, and now that they allow you to link in pretty much any RSS feed, I find myself constantly revamping and remodifying my pages. Now, I don't think it will ever take the place of my RSS stand-alone news-reader, but I do like it all the same.

And now Yahoo is getting into the blogging business. And looking at their screenshots, I would say it looks like they have a good plan.

Here is a quote from the article:


Yahoo 360, which combines blogging tools with social networking, is being designed "as a place where people can go on and publish and share content and keep up with the people that they know," Brody said. It will provide access from one-page services that are now separate on Yahoo, such as photo albums, instant messaging, Launchcast music, special-interest groups and local services.


Admittedly, this sounds very similar to MSN Spaces, which Microsoft's MSN division launched in December. And I also will be the first to admit that I have not given MSN spaces a run-thru yet. But, because I am such a Yahoo loyalist, I'll probably give it a shot. I'll get around to trying Spaces at some point as well.

Unfortunantly, "Yahoo 360", as it is being called, only goes into limited Beta Testing by the end of the month, which means who knows when us peons will get the chance to give it a shot.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And A Link Back To Your Web Site Excite You?

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advertising can be a big problem otherwise. A lot of companies reserve a big chunk of their budgets to cover marketing expenditures.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine the power of tens of thousands of other web sites being able to easily

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home