Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Misc VSTS Stuff for 04/25/2005

I think I finally have everything downloaded, so I'm about to attempt the install process. Keep your fingers crossed. In the meantime, I've been trying to get caught up on my blog reading (I took about a week off). Here are some things you have probably already seen, but I found interesting (Sorry if you've seen most of this already):

Having problems with the Beta install?
This
will give you a smile.

Last Developer Standing - While not exactly VSTS related, this looks like something fun, at any rate. I'm already signed up, so sign up as well, and let's go head to head!

Team Foundation Blog - Overview of Checkin Policy
Jiange does a good job of explaining what the Checkin policy is, how it works, and how you can make it work for you. He also provides a step-by-step use case example, which are the kind of thing I find really helpful and intuitive.

A Unit Testing Walkthrough with Visual Studio Team Test
I've just briefly skimmed this, but it looks good. I'm anxious to give the examples a whirl once I get Beta2 installed.

Adam Singer - Rounding the Baselines
Adam addresses the topic of baselines, and how they relate to what we have in VSTS. While VSTS does not have "baselines" per say, it does have the equivalent, by using branching.

Buck Hodges - Data Tier Load with Team Foundation Beta
I haven't installed the data tier yet for Beta 2, but if you are running into issues where it seems the CPU is going crazy, Buck has your cure. I've already printed this out and included it with my install instructions, so I can go ahead and make this change.

Mike Attili - Problems with SQL Server Reporting Services Permissions
More fixes to do, once I actually get around to getting the Beta installed. Thanks to Buck for pointing out this post.

Dev Notes - Useful Beta 2 Links
This is a collection of links that will be useful to anyone (aka ME) trying to install the Beta2 software of VSTS.

Somasegar - Why did we not deliver VS2005 Beta2 end of March?
This post gives you a little insight into why the Beta was delayed about three weeks. Personally, I don't think it was that big a deal that it was delayed. I do think it is cool that they got signoff from their TAP partners before it was released. This, of course, begs the question: What do you have to do to become a TAP partner? I'd love early access to the next version of VSTS!

John Lawrence - Beta2 Extensibility Kit
John gives a brief overview of what all this extensibility kit does for you. It sounds cool. Just one more thing to put on my list!

And last but not least, for those who do not have access to MSDN download, you can order a copy of Beta2 here: Get The Betas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home